Thursday 12 March 2015

Black & White 1920's Photoshoot

For one of my assessments at University, I had to create a makeup look inspired by an era of my choice which is suitable for black and white photography. I decided on the era 1920's as it is an era that exemplifies a highly distinct and recognisable makeup style.


For the assessment we worked with a professional photographer who also edited the digital images for us. It was truly a great experience as I gained a better knowledge on working with a photographer. 


In terms of the makeup I found that a lot of contour and highlighting had to be done so that the depth and shadows would appear in black and white photography. My model's eyebrows had a very distinct arch to it which is something that was less common during the 20's. The eyebrows back in those times were more rounded so I tried multiple times to get the eyebrows accurate for the look.


Here is the final image of the black & white 1920's makeup look. Overall I found the photoshoot and makeup application thoroughly enjoyable and worthwhile. I feel that the final images will really help with my portfolio building.

No comments:

Post a Comment